Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Passing the time - my first week in recovery from surgery.

The thing I was worried most about was "what the hell am I going to do with all this time?"

Simple - whatever my mother could also handle doing. this then easily worked out to the following things:

Reruns of Star Trek - DS9 to be specific
Sherlock - the new BBC version (hooked on this).
Reading
Sleeping
Walking exercises (down the hallway - now working on down stairs/up stairs).

Things that I'm planning on working my way into today:
*reading through magazines that have been sitting, waiting to be used
*reading first chapters of all the new books my mother brought me
*recycling paper and magazines that I do not want to hold onto.

I will then work my way back into DS9 reruns, the last of Season 2 of Sherlock, and an OnDemand replay of the last episode of Vikings :-)

Other things that I've begun to be able to handle doing: 
Bending over
Squating (slowly)
Standing at the sink - doing smaller batches of dishes daily. (side goal: see how long I can keep the sink this clean and clear)
Showering - will take another one today.

No comments:

Post a Comment