Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Back to work - Food during lunch

With the new found focus around having contracted cancer, I've kicked up my attention to detail around the food that I injest everyday.

One of my biggest challenges are lunches at work. A few things make thing a problem:
1.) I don't have full control over where the food comes from.
2.) I don't have full control over how it's prepared
3.) Sodas are free at work - even though I've "conquered" this, it's still a potential pitfall; everyday.

So I'm making more specific choices that allow me to have more control - even at the cafe in the building.
*I'm going in the sandwich line - this allows me to pick and choose the various pieces I want to have put together
*I'm putting everything on veggie wraps - although I don't have full control over how the wrap was produced, it's still a great deal healthier than white bread or a plan corn tortilla.
*I'm loading on veggies every sandwich - no more shying away from onions. Olives, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes will now all come standard.
*I'm shying away from meat in general - I'm replacing it with heartier stuff such as Falafel, hummus, or straight veggies.
*Sides of fries or sides of anything are replaced - I'm taking options of fruit and rice typically. I'm trying to make the majority of the large part of my meal salad based; if not already a salad. So the side is now a way to fill on something healthier.

Even with loosing 10 lbs. from the surgery week and lack of appetite, I've been able to hold off it charging it's way back onto my body quite successfully with better food choices.

Starting weight: 200lbs.
Current weight: 192lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment