Tuesday, February 25, 2014

The cost of energy drinks for me

This was a daily habit. A drink for breakfast, which in some cases led to a drink in the afternoon.

My morning favorite was a drink Rockstar Energy Punched .

More details about what it delivers to your body: http://skipthepie.org/beverages/energy-drink-rockstar/

Now, where I was purchasing this, it went for $2.99 USD, which with tax came too approximately $3.20 USD.

5 days a week with 1 a day = $16

5 days a week with 2 a day = $32

Let's say that on my best behavior, on average, I spent $16 a week on energy drinks. That breaks down to : $64 / month; $768 /year.

That's almost $1,000 strictly on something that actually wasn't providing any benefits to my body as far as legitimate fuel.

Seeing these figures only inspired me more to cut them out.

My big hurtle is that canned 12 oz sodas are free at work. Ouch. 1 can of that can be just as bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment